Let’s work together to ensure the best possible solution for you and your dog.
- DOGS are accepted only by appointment AFTER a completed OWNER SURRENDER FORM has been submitted and space is available.
- PLEASE NOTE: If the dog is microchipped, only the owner which is named on the microchip can owner-surrender the dog (unless you have a death certificate of the owner who passed away).
- To begin the process of surrendering your pet to Silver Dog Rescue you will need to submit a OWNER SURRENDER FORM including the attachment of a good photo of your dog. Once the form is received, an appointment will be scheduled.
- OWNER SURRENDER CRITERIA: All Dogs MUST pass a temperament/behavior test. We cannot take an aggressive dog. All dogs MUST test negative for heart worm.
- FEES: The cost to care for and re-home dogs can be in the hundreds of dollars for each dog that comes into our care. Silver Dog Rescue is a small non-profit organization that does not receive government funding. We are also not affiliated with any national humane organizations. We ask for a surrender fee to help with this cost. The fee is non-refundable and will be collected only if we are able to accept your dog after its evaluation and required testing. $100 if spayed/neutered. $200 if NOT spayed/neutered
- DOG ADMISSION: Once you receive an appointment, please bring your dog along with all the veterinary/vaccination records which are critical to our evaluation process. The more we know about your dog, the better we're able to place him or her into a new home.